Saturday, July 17, 2010

ta da! (the new place, a few steps from done.)

this is mostly for kellie and jess. but if you find yourself far away and bored, enjoy. i'm sure most of you could care less what my apartment looks like. but after months of work and exhaustion, i'm finally home.

let me first introduce my teeny, tiny kitchen. it's sad, really. i have no counter space. but a sacrifice must be made, and these were the terms. i'm safer, it's cheaper, i'm in the woods, etc.



this is the dining area. its a darker shade of purple. i like it. this is the jerk shelf that took me forever to hang.



this is the view from the hole in my kitchen wall. a terrible picture, but i think you get the idea of the space. and this is my rad end table i got at the yard sale. it works in the room, which i was really hoping.



my walls are a gray/purple and the shade in the dining area is just a couple shades more intense on the same color strip.




this is the rad fabric kelly helped me find. i love it. it goes well with everything i had intended for the room.








my bathroom, sort of boring. i think bathrooms are always boring. no?


and my bedroom. remember the end table i pulled out of the dumpster this spring? thats it by my bed. it's black walnut. refinished. it's an ethan allen table i noticed. someone painted it white. silly. but great for me!



that's it. everyone says they feel like they are at the lake when they come over. which is a great compliment. i live in the woods. literally. come visit soon.

5 comments:

  1. ooh it looks delicious! it turned out so pretty. sorry i didn't call this week, as it turned out they kept us BUSY and we collapsed into bed shortly after maya every night. . . the countdown to kansas is getting very short!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kitchen countertops are highly overrated...it just means people will expect you to cook! Everything looks great and you have the ingredient that is the most important to me...trees! Where are you? I love the colors and all the dreamy accessories that make it look so , well, RAD! Cant wait to see you girl!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cute Megan! I'm curious where this "wooded" area is...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very, very pretty---I love the purple/turquoise contrast with the copper/goldenrod and the way it's carried over in all the rooms. that end table is super-cool.

    I've been in a non-boring bathroom before: I peeked behind the curtain (uh, yeah) to see a fully clothed woman sitting on a teak bench. I screamed, ran out, figured out it was a manequin while everyone already in on the joke disolved into laughter. Apparently they even dress her for holidays. :)

    ReplyDelete